Jan 14, 2012

Excited about new projects! So large entry...

Who does not live in any way for others, not live for himself. Michel Eyquem de Montaigne

Happy day 14!

Over breakfast, I was checking the feeds of blogs I follow, cheking my email, surfing internet for news... Then I saw the weekly email from Etsy Success, a fantastic article "How-Tuesday: Get (and Keep) Your Creativity Flowing", written by Noah Scalin. In the article, Noah introduces the concept of Project 365, and gives you six big ideas to carry it out, extracted from his new book, "Unstuck: 52 Ways to Get (and Keep) Your Creativity Flowing, at Home, at Work and in Your Studio". Obviously, my curiosity led me to investigate a little more about Noah and his books and projects. I already knew his blog "Skull-A-Day" for almost 2 years. Because I am also a tattoo artist, and that I love the skulls like Noah, had already visited his blog in search of new ideas to inspire me when I made a tattoo design with skulls. What I did not know were his books. I was looking for books online, and although I have not found translated into Spanish, I found in amazon Spain, and I have on my wishlist at the top for my next purchases. I think they have to be very interesting and inspiring, and I hope have them, I need to read them! But this month I've exceeded my budget for purchases. Maybe next month for my birthday.



Still, even without the books in my possession, I ended up exploring the blog of Noah, "Make Something 365 and Get Unstuck", which shares little Noah interviews with hundreds of bloggers with different Projects 365 around the world, and in which they explain what motivated them to start their project, and changes (always positive) who have had their lives after starting one of these personal projects. It's really inspiring to see so many people involved in maintaining this type of project. Something for everyone! And I learned something watching their work, you do not have to be a great artist to carry it out, only need to have imagination and desire to experiment and grow. And I have all that!

It is true that when I started the blog, I decided to create a printable freebie each week, some polka dots sheets or other nice things. And then, to discover the Design Seeds blog, I modified it to suit the color palettes that they published daily. But receiving no answer to my query to publish it (to this day no one has contacted me), something inside me uneasy. I do not want to start my career in the blogging world with all my enthusiasm, ending in court sued by another blogger. So I went back into their web, and I read all the FAQ's and Copyright Policies, and among many conditions, one of them is that they not allow repost daily blog or another based on their daily publications. And that's why I decided not to continue with this project because I do not want to incur in any illegality. Also, from time to time I have intended to review their blog and make some polka dots sheets with color palettes that I like more of all. I hope this remove all my problems.

So I ran out of my own Project 365. And how could it be otherwise, when visiting the project of Noah Scalin, was born in my mind a new idea. I've designing, as I told you, a well-organized notebook to have all my THINGS TO DO. Why not turn it into a Project 365? I have no time to create a project-by-day, since setting up my own shop on Etsy is my daily dedication. But every morning, as breakfast, I have a habit to check the Internet for new projects (and I assure you that every day I find many interesting projects!). And all I can not do it, what I can do is choose a project each day to add to my notebook. It's easy to do! But my retailer and perfectionist nature is always one step beyond. And I can not just write it in a notebook, or save a text document, would be too simple! So why not make a printable notebook design? Yes, the graphic designer part of me can not always avoid getting in the middle of all my projects. It is the most commercial part of myself, which always requires a professional level in all my creations to be satisfied with the results. I don't want to delete that part of myself, because it is an important part of who I am and how I see the world!

Then I launched Photoshop and started to draw. But is really limited to work forms. To the finished color, Photoshop is really irreplaceable. But I must admit that to shapes, texts and composition, another programs are much better. As I'm old school, even on my computer I have Freehand MX. I tried to use Illustrator, but I don't like its user interface. Sorry, I'm a nostalgic. So I switched it, and the muses of creativity appeared miraculously. And then I dragged in the vortex of creativity. Or let me drag. Or a little of both. Anyway, ended up giving me the 3AM. I stopped to eat something, but just long enough to not lose the thread of my work, and little time I went out to the street to buy some things at the craft store. And it was when, looking at my work, I not realized anything I had planned... I designed a notebook Project 365 of Donuts! And I must admit that the result really likes me!


I went to bed, happy with my work, and excited about the new project, fun and unexpected, that the muses had given me. But as I mentioned, my mind never stops working. It's something I can't stop, I don't do it consciously, but so it is. And before going to sleep, I couldn't avoid take my sketchbook and draw a few sketches of other notebooks that I'll could designe.


As you can see from the photos, I'm a freak sketcher, and soil fill every corner of the paper I use. I like to see how it will transform a blank empty space with a few simple strokes of a pen or pencil. The truth is that I use pen, pencil use means I then have to go clean most things, that can not be deleted, and that I find it a nuisance. So with these sketches, I went to sleep. Good night!

Sweet kisses!

CASING: Noun
1. casing - the housing or outer covering of something
shell, case
boot - protective casing for something that resembles a leg
gear box, gear case, gearbox - the shell (metal casing) in which a train of gears is sealed
grandfather clock, longcase clock - a pendulum clock enclosed in a tall narrow case
housing - a protective cover designed to contain or support a mechanical component
jacket - the tough metal shell casing for certain kinds of ammunition
2. casing - the outermost covering of a pneumatic tire
covering - an artifact that covers something else (usually to protect or shelter or conceal it)
pneumatic tire, pneumatic tyre - a tire made of reinforced rubber and filled with compressed air; used on motor vehicles and bicycles etc
3. casing - the enclosing frame around a door or window opening
case
doorway, room access, door, threshold - the entrance (the space in a wall) through which you enter or leave a room or building; the space that a door can close
framework - a structure supporting or containing something
window - a framework of wood or metal that contains a glass windowpane and is built into a wall or roof to admit light or air
Translation: casing [ˈkeɪsɪŋ] N (Tech) (gen) → cubierta f; [of boiler] → revestimiento m; [of cylinder] → camisa f; [of tyre] → llanta f; [of window] → marco m

No comments:

Post a Comment