Feb 6, 2012

My 33 birthday! ^__^

We are what we do every day. So excellence is not an act but an habit. Aristotle

Happy day 37! And happy 33 birthday to me!


This morning I got up late because I got no sleep well last night. I think I'm getting a cold. I've been all day with a terrible headache. :( So I've decided not to go to French class this afternoon, not to catch cold and get worse, but I still had the will and I've gotten into the kitchen for a while. In the end I made ​​some mini pies savory. Truth is that they are all an experiment, and have not been too bad (I can vouch for this, as they have been my dinner today).

And today I spent the day alone (as my father is away on a business trip, and my friends were not available), I decided to celebrate it myself and I deserved a cake for me alone! ^___^ But the mini pies were already a considerable calories for diet today, so I made ​​a sweet crochet cake! Yummy to eat it! I would have liked to add some candles, and some more decoration, but I assure you that today my mind has had it all.

The great thing about creating the cake, and I have endeavored to do in one piece, without having to sew anything, has been what has led me to invent a new technique to make the edges of each floor of the pie as straight possible, without be rounded or holes seen between points (a result of working only back loops). It took me a couple of trial and error, but eventually I found a way! So tomorrow I expect a hard day's work: mini pies recipes, the cake pattern, and 2 tutorials on my points invented (the edges of the cake today, and the increase in the middle of the piece that I made up for the pattern of the Ace of hearts Tie). Hope you like the new pattern, is ideal for any birthday gift or to add to the toy cupboard for your children!


Thanks again to all who have agreed and congratulated me today. You have made ​​my headache was more bearable. Tomorrow the sun will rise again!

Sweet kisses!

TELEPHONY: Noun
1. telephony - transmitting speech at a distance
telephone
telecom, telecommunication - (often plural) systems used in transmitting messages over a distance electronically
voice mail, voicemail - a computerized system for answering and routing telephone calls; telephone messages can be recorded and stored and relayed
call, phone call, telephone call - a telephone connection
call forwarding - lets you transfer your incoming calls to any telephone that you can dial direct
call waiting - a way of letting you know that someone else is calling when you are using your telephone
phone, telephone, call up, call, ring - get or try to get into communication (with someone) by telephone
cell phone - call up by using a cellular phone
call in - make a phone call
dial - operate a dial to select a telephone number
hold the line, hang on, hold on - hold the phone line open;
Translation: telephony [tɪˈlefənɪ] N → telefonía f

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!
    I love the cake!
    Hope you get to celebrate it with you family and friends on another day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan! Thank you very much! I hope it too ;) Maybe this Friday's night we go to dinner out to a restaurant! ^__^ I'm working on the pattern of the cake. In few hours I share it here on the blog! Sweet kisses!

      Delete