Jan 9, 2012

Early start day

No one can be perfectly free till all are. St. Augustine

Happy day 9!

Today I had to get up early to arrive on time at the Civic Center. At 9 began to divide the batch in order to register for courses this quarter. As the center is in Barcelona, ​​and I live on the outskirts, there was no choice but to early to arrive soon. I arrived at 9:30 AM, and got the number 133. I thought it would be a quick thing... But in Spain we do everything upside down! Until 10:00 AM did not begin to do the inscriptions. So I had to wait until 11:30 AM. This is crazy! How can waste people's time like this? Open the center, begin to distribute the numbers to maintain order in the inscriptions, have all personnel working downtown... Why could not begin registration at 9? Why make us wait until 10? Why in this country are not using logic to streamline and leverage the time and money of the citizens???

Every day I have more clear that this is not my place. Some time ago I have the intention of leaving to live abroad. And lately the idea of ​​going to live in Canada is becoming more strength. So also one of my goals this year was to begin to learn French. Between the economic crisis and stagnant and backward mentality of Spain, the truth is that I have plenty reasons for wanting to explore new horizons and live the life I want. It is clear that every objective, requires effort, perseverance and commitment. And how there's somewhere to start, what better way to learn French. Since we now apply for a permit of residence in Canada, require knowledge of English and French (I checked on the website of the Government of Canada immigration a few weeks ago), plus some very specific profiles (which currently do not meet, but I hope to be expanding as the global economic situation has stabilized). So waiting for a chance, go sowing to reap the rewards in the not too distant future I hope.

And all this... 11:30 AM was made and finally I could enroll in two courses that I wanted. Vacancies found! And I had to go out in haste to my first appointment in 2012 with my personal coach. I started my coaching process in November last year, because I need to change my habits and behavior and learn how to plan and achieve personal and professional goals. And the truth is that in just 2 months of coaching, I'm feeling very good results. Especially in my behavior and my reactions to situations of everyday life, once I did get into a spiral of worry and anxiety that were unhealthy. Now, with minor changes, and gradually set targets, I'm getting start to feel good about myself, I am regaining the confidence and trust in myself and in my ability and I am reinforcing my self-esteem. And I learned many good things about myself, thanks to a work of reflection on my own actions. It is true that I have also discovered things not so good on my actions and attitudes, but this has helped me realize and want to change them, while I've got a great sense of guilt over, because I realized that I must be more flexible with others and myself. It is useless to spend all day judging things, it is easier to make my own position and put my limits, and live according to them, not overwhelmed by what others do or not. I own my life, but not the lives of others. And if I expect others to understand me, I need understand them too. So, as the coaching process is proving very beneficial to me, I recommend it for anyone who is going through a personal and emotional uncertainty, since it is an external guide focused on achieving goals (and I must say it is a process much more practical and compensatory, that a long psychological therapy fails to yield results never visible).

This afternoon I've been at home doing things, checking emails, editing posts for the blog. I'm a little behind in publishing because I need time to translate my texts, polka dots design sheets, insert images in posts and attach the appropriate links... In addition to continuing my sweeties busy creating crochet in order to prepare the sample of my Etsy shop, to continue the project of Bargello needlepoint toiletries facts, update my facebook page with blog posts (although I have not figured out how to publish feeds and not just the link: someone can help me?)

So today I go to bed early, which has been a full day and I am exhausted. Tomorrow the sun will shine again!

Sweet kisses!

DEADBOLT: Noun
1. deadbolt - the part of a lock that is engaged or withdrawn with a key deadbolt
bar - a rigid piece of metal or wood; usually used as a fastening or obstruction or weapon
lock - a fastener fitted to a door or drawer to keep it firmly closed
safety bolt, safety lock - a bolt that cannot be moved from outside the door or gate
Translation: deadbolt [ˈdedbəʊlt] N → cerrojo m de seguridad

No comments:

Post a Comment