Jan 22, 2012

Year of the Dragon - New amigurumi pattern in process!!

(Again I apologize for posting so late my last posts, my camera battery failed and I had to go editing the pending posts yesterday and today. Thank you for your understanding. For me it was really hard not to publish the posts, only because I haven't the images ready.)

The opportunity must be created, do not expect it to arrive. Sir Francis Bacon

Happy day 22!


Last days I've been seeing on blogs and facebook, that the whole handcraft community celebrates the Chinese New Year, with objects of all kinds, but especially dragons! This year is the Year of the Dragon, and I got the inspiration to make a new amigurumi. But I must admit that I'm having a lot of work to get the pattern. I usually start by the nose when I make animugurumis (animal amigurumis), that is what gives more personality to each toy. And I have taken several tests to find the final form, as I wanted to lower the nose, the belly of the dragon started and then to continue it throughout the body, as in the traditional Chinese dragons drawings I found on internet . What do you think? Do you like the deffinitive muzzle design? I hope to end it tomorrow, to write the pattern, and share it with you!

But also, I have another project in mind, for after the dragon. Yesterday I went to visit my friend (the owner of the first pig I created), and told me his zombie pig lacked a partner, that the shelf was too big for him alone. And as a stale game Anrgy Birds, we decided that the best partner had to be the red bird! But when I've been home and get to find images that inspire me, I realized that everyone are super cute, and I could not just do only one! I recognize that these odious green pigs, basically, are adorable and I love them. And as they all are rounded, I thought it could be precious little boxes at the same time fun toys. As for copyright issues I can not profiting with the patterns, as I have the complete collection, I'll share with you! :) Share it! Share them! Share all! Images in the coming days... Thanks for your patience!

Each day I am more excited about my project, with the blog, and keep choosing joy every day in my life! And I suppose that this positive feeling and the joy of living, are influencing the muses come to visit me very often. ^_^ I love it! I enjoy every one of my creative process because they absorb me, and make me forget everything. It's a huge sense of peace!

I apologize for removing the link to the Google document to download the pattern of Mr. Wolf, because was having problems, and did not maintain the image quality I want. So I'm trying to create an account in a free server to share PDFs for download. When it will be ready, I update the post with the new link. Meanwhile, you can still download the pattern from my picture album in Picasa. Thank you for your understanding. ;)

And finally, today I am happy, because tomorrow I start my course of French! A small step to achieve my dream of going to live one day in Canada. And on Thursday I will begin the course of photojournalism too! I'm also very excited to start it, and learn to make better pictures of my little things for the blog and the store. The more I know, I have more desire to continue learning! Perhaps you are also studying French? We could learn at a time! Maybe you have started a course this year? Discuss your concerns on comments, I would love to know what you're taking up your time!

And today it's all folks! Tomorrow the sun will rise again!

Sweet kisses!

CAMBER: Noun
1. camber - a slight convexity (as of the surface of a road)
convex shape, convexity - a shape that curves or bulges outward
2. camber - a slope in the turn of a road or track; the outside is higher than the inside in order to reduce the effects of centrifugal force
cant, bank
incline, slope, side - an elevated geological formation
3. camber - the alignment of the wheels of a motor vehicle closer together at the bottom than at the top
alignment - the act of adjusting or aligning the parts of a device in relation to each other
Verb    1.    camber - curve upward in the middle
arc, arch, curve - form an arch or curve
Translation: camber [ˈkæmbəʳ]
A. N (in road) → combadura f
B. VT → combar, arquear
C. VI → combarse, arquearse


No comments:

Post a Comment