Jan 18, 2012

Pinterest and other blog changes

The mirrors are used to see the own face, the art to see the soul. George Bernard Shaw

Happy day 18!


Mr. Wolf!

What a day! Today I got a bit of time over breakfast, to investigate a little Pinterest. The last weekend in one of the blogs I visited, I noticed on the button of Pinterest that was in the right menu, and the little buttons "Pin It" at the end of each post. I entered the web, and made an account application (as by now the registration is not automatic, and they manually manage it). On Monday I received an invitation to create my account, as was busy, just went on the web to discharge me. So, today I had more time, I decided to find out a little... In the background is as page of "Likes", which can be added to your account from your browser. Only need to install the "Pin It" button in your favorites bar of your browser, and whenever you like something you click on "Pin It" and added to your account. I'm still doing tests and trying to create lists. But I am slowly catching up of essential gadgets in the blogosphere. It seems that no... But one must know a lot of things! And we must keep abreast of the latest trends in social networks and new applications. I like to expand my knowledge in this way, the need to grow, to communicate and interact with the rest of the world. It's a job that requires dedication, but I am convinced that will carry results. Now I'm trying to figure out, how to put the little buttons of "Pin It" and "Pinterest" in the blog. See if I get it! But first I have to make some changes in the layout of the blog. Presto! New top navigation bar added! I leave for tomorrow to add Pin it buttons.

Please read this post to my actualized opinion of Pinterest.

I continued working on the DailyNotebooks365 a while this afternoon, but had a couple of projects halfway, and I decided to get and finish. The Mr. Wolf pattern, and a recipe for "Rabbit with garlic". I promise between tomorrow and Saturday, I'll post them. But here I leave a picture to whet your appetite. ^___^



This weekend, it really was very successful, at least in terms of ideas! Navigating blogs, I realized that many had superior navigation bars menus, with different sections of the blog. That makes it much easier for people to find what you want, without having to waste time reviewing hundreds of posts. Especially when looking for freebies, printables, patterns... Having to search through the tags, and then within each post, is really cumbersome. So I thought, now I'm starting yet my wanderings in the blogosphere, it would be best from the beginning to add sections that I'll need. Although some are empty now, or have little content. In future, I will not have to spend priceless time in reorganizing the entire blog. So that has led me to create new pages on my blog (I've taken a few tests to understand how they work and how I should post on these pages, I admit, but I finally understood that the best I could do was use as a table of links directly to the posts of each section). That led me to have to reorganize my photo albums, each album devoted to the content of a post. And that has led me to have to modify the contents of most of my posts, to adapt them all to this new format.

Among many other changes, and because I have not heard from DesignSeeds, I decided to remove their pictures from my posts. So now you only find the direct link to my album Polka Dots Sheets inspired by their color palettes. It was hard work! Now my posts have been significantly reduced in length, and even I appreciate it positively! Although I have not got any followers on the blog, some other acquaintances of mine have come to take a look, and most told me that my posts were too long -clear that must keep in mind that most of them do not speak English, so have not even read any of my posts actually-. But it never hurts to take into account the view of others, I decided that reducing the previews of my printables, and putting only the frontpage of album that contains them, could get the desired effect. I hope I've done it!

In my blogger adventure, in my many visits to new blogs, I usually get to read the initial posts, the first posts the author wrote. The beginnings of a blog have given me many ideas of what NOT TO DO, but also that THERE IS TO DO. In addition, I enjoy reading those opening lines, full of hopes and dreams, and nothing was thought to their authors, who would eventually become the major projects and companies that are today many of these blogs. One of my secret passions, shht!

And today, that's all folks! Tomorrow the sun will rise again!

Sweet kisses!

ARROWROOT: Noun
1. arrowroot - a nutritive starch obtained from the root of the arrowroot plant
amylum, starch - a complex carbohydrate found chiefly in seeds, fruits, tubers, roots and stem pith of plants, notably in corn, potatoes, wheat, and rice; an important foodstuff and used otherwise especially in adhesives and as fillers and stiffeners for paper and textiles
2. arrowroot - white-flowered West Indian plant whose root yields arrowroot starch
American arrowroot, Maranta arundinaceae, obedience plant
maranta - any of numerous herbs of the genus Maranta having tuberous starchy roots and large sheathing leaves
3. arrowroot - canna grown especially for its edible rootstock from which arrowroot starch is obtained
achira, Canna edulis, Canna indica, indian shot
canna - any plant of the genus Canna having large sheathing leaves and clusters of large showy flowers
Translation: arrowroot [ˈærəʊruːt] N → arrurruz m

No comments:

Post a Comment